The account owner is the only user who can manage permissions. By default the user who created the Givelify account is the account owner.
Watch the following video tutorial to learn how to add and remove officers, as well as set up initial permissions:
If you are the account owner, follow these steps to manage an officer’s permissions:
- On your computer, visit www.givelify.com and log in to your organization’s account
- Select the Settings tab
- Select Officers
- Select a user and click the Permissions button.
- If you want the user to have access to the Givelify account, turn on “Grant access to Givelify account.”
- Turn on the various pages that you would like the user to have access to.
- Select the access level for the user.
- A user with permissions to a page can have either View Only or View and Edit permission.
Need to transfer ownership to another officer so they can manage permissions?
Have the current account owner visit www.givelify.com on a computer and log in to their account. Then have them follow these steps:
- Click on Settings at the top right of your screen.
- Click on the Officers tab.
- Click the Transfer Owner button next to your account.
- Select the user you want to become the new account owner and save the change.
Note: Organizations can only have one account owner. Anyone else that needs to access the account should be added as additional officers.
When the owner of your Givelify account will be retiring or resigning, you’ll find it easier to transfer ownership to a new officer before they leave their position. If the new officer has not yet been selected, choose someone else in your organization who has access to your Givelify account to be the owner in the interim.
What if the previous account owner is not available to transfer ownership?
If the previous account owner can no longer be reached to turn over the account, please draft a letter explaining the following information:
- Your name and email address
- The previous account owner’s name and email address they used to log in to the Givelify account
- The name, title, phone number, and email address of the new account owner
- Date and signature of your Director
Email the letter to email@example.com and cc the Director who signed the letter.
The account ownership switch will be made by our staff on your behalf once we receive written permission from your organization.