Givelify has a report format created specifically to integrate with your Shelby Next church management system.
Set Up Report Format
Follow these steps to set up your Shelby Next report format:
- Log in to your Givelify Analytics Dashboard at http://dashboard.givelify.com/login.
- On the Integrations page, navigate to the Shelby Systems tile and click Enable.
- On the Shelby Systems Integration page, click Shelby Next for the version you want to integrate with Givelify.
- Select the date on which the reports are based:
– Donation Date – Select this option if you want the report date to be based on the date the donor made the donation.
– Bank Deposit Date – Select this option if you want the report date to be based on the date the donation transaction is sent to your bank account.
- Select the frequency for the report to be generated from the drop-down list (Never, Daily, Weekly, Every 2 weeks, or Monthly).
- Select the day of the week for the report to be generated from the drop-down list.
- If you want to be notified when the report is generated, check the Notify me via email when report is generated check box.
- Click Continue to build a custom report.
Build a Custom Report
The next step in the integration setup is to build a custom report. Follow these steps:
- On the Shelby Next Integration page, click Build a Custom Report in the upper right corner on the Reports page.
- Click the Calendar icon and choose the report Start Date and End Date, and then click Build Report.
A message is displayed indicating that your custom report is being built.
- Click OK.When the report is ready, an email is sent to your inbox and the report is ready for download on the Reports page.
- On the Integrations page, click the Reports tab.
- Find the report in the list and click the Download icon in the Report column. Once a report has been downloaded, the name of the person and date is displayed for the report.The number of Donors to match and Envelopes to match is also displayed. These are the donors and envelopes that have not been matched to your donors or envelopes.
Match Envelopes to External Offering Name
An external offering name (also known as purpose name or fund ID) is any assigned name for your existing funds. This can be found with your contribution funds in Shelby Arena. For example, if Givelify has an envelope for Tithe and the account name is listed as Tithes and Offerings in Shelby Next, the Fund ID should be Tithes and Offerings.
To match envelopes to your Shelby Next External Offering Name, follow these steps:
- On the Shelby Next Integration page, click the Envelopes tab.
- In the filter drop-down, choose Unmatched to display a list of envelopes that do not have assigned external offering codes.
- Enter the External Offering Name for each envelope you want donations to be able to match and then click Done.
Edit Envelopes Matched to External Offering Name
To edit an envelope that already has a Shelby Next external offering code assigned, follow these steps:
- Click the filter drop-down and choose Matched to display a list of envelopes that have already been assigned an external offering code.
- Click the External Offering Name already assigned and enter the new value.
- Click Done.
Match Donors to Envelope Number
An Envelope Number (also known as Member ID) is any automatically or manually assigned Shelby Next number specific to member giving used to identify donors in your system.
To match donors to Member IDs, follow these steps:
- On the Shelby Next Integrations page, click the Donors tab.
- In the filter drop-down, choose Unmatched to display a list of donors that do not have assigned Shelby Next envelope numbers.
- Enter the Shelby Next Envelope No for each donor you want to match to an envelope number in Shelby Next and then click Done.
Edit Donor Match to Envelope Number
To edit a donor match to an envelope number in Shelby Next, follow these steps:
- On the Donors tab, click the filter drop-down and choose Matched to display a list of donors that have already been assigned a SN Envelope No.
- Click the Shelby Next Envelope Number already assigned and enter the new value.
- Click Done.
Import Givelify Report into Shelby Next
Once you receive the Shelby Next Integration report from Givelify, follow these steps to upload it to Shelby Next:
- On your computer, visit your Shelby Next church management system and log in to your organization’s account.
- Expand Giving in the left navigation pane and click Import.
- Click Choose File and select the downloaded Givelify file to import.
- In the Match People Based On drop-down, choose Name or Envelope Number.
- Enter the Column Headers to match Shelby Next column names:
– Envelope Number
– Offering Name
– Check Number
- Click Next.
- Review the details to make sure all fields are matched for names, funds, and dates. If any names or offering details cannot be matched, they will be listed on the page for you to update.
- Click Save. All profiles are updated with the latest Givelify giving history.