The Disbursements report was created to help you reconcile Givelify deposits with your bank records. Follow these tips on how to best utilize this report to make reconciling easy.
To pull the Disbursements report for your organization:
- On your computer, visit www.givelify.com and log in to your organization’s account.
- Click Data Export at the top right of your screen.
- Select Get Report under the Disbursements header.
- Use the drop-down box to select or enter a date range. *It is helpful to extend the report range by a day before and day after to ensure all relevant information is included in the report.
- Click the Export Info button to download the report and open in your program of choice.
- Remove the Report Recap rows 1 through 7. You must remove, not clear, for sorting to work properly.
- Remove row 9 as well from the CSV file.
- Sort your sheet by Date: Newest to Oldest, then add a level to sort by Time: Largest to Smallest
- For Excel and Google Sheets, you can find this option under the Data tab
- For Numbers, you can find this option under the Organize tab
To make report easier to read, remove the columns below:
- A (Disbursement ID)
- B (Receipt#)
- F (Email)
- G (Telephone)
- H (Address)
- I (City)
- J (State)
- K (Zip)
- Envelope specific columns like O (Offering)
The donation processing cut off is approximately 9PM EST or 2100 hours and any donation made after this time is included in the following business day’s disbursements. The Disbursements in your bank account should match the 9pm to 9pm timeline. If you receive several donations right around 9pm, it may require a closer look due to the time to process the donation.
Note: The Disbursement report does not include refunds that were issued.
To review refunds issued for your organization, log in to your Givelify dashboard and click Refunds.
Click on the dollar amount to see more information on the refund, such as:
- Original donation date and amount
- Date the donation was reversed/refunded.
Net Deposit explanation:
Our processor deposits the Net Amount of all donations and refunds to your bank account each business day. For example, if your organization received two $300 donations, but had a $100 donation refunded, you would receive a deposit of $485.20. There will not be separate credits and debits, but just one credit or debit, depending on the amount due.
Donations given: $300 – (2.9% + $.30) = $291
Donations total: $291 + $291 = $582
Donations minus refund: $582 – $96.80 = $485.20
Total Net Amount deposited to your bank: $485.20
Sometimes rather than contacting Givelify to issue a refund, people will contact their bank. This generally shows as a “chargeback” on your organization’s bank account. Unfortunately, since the refund was not issued by Givelify, it will not display on the profile of the donor, in your organization’s history, or on your reports.
Please ask your donors to contact Givelify directly if they need a refund so we can handle and provide proper records to your organization.