Reconciling Givelify donations with your bank deposits is now easier than ever before with our new Bank Deposit report! The Givelify team will send this new report directly to your email within the first 3 days of the month to help reconcile last month’s deposits.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The report is split by each day’s deposits with the Total listed in Column I, shown below in blue.
- Our donation processing cut off is approximately 9PM EST or 2100 hours. Any donation made after this time is likely included in the following business day’s disbursements. The total deposits in your bank account should match the 9pm to 9pm timeline, but donations made around the cut off time may require a closer look.
- Refunded Date shows the date the refund was taken out of deposits.
If a specific day’s total deposits are not matching up:
- Check the Refund Date (Column H below in green) to confirm if any refunds were made for that date. Then, subtract the Refunded amount from the total incoming deposits.
- Check the timing of donations given to verify if any donations that came in around 9PM EST may have been batched in with a different business day’s deposits.
- EX. If a donation was given at 9:15PM on Monday, it could be deposited on Tuesday instead of with the regularly scheduled Wednesday disbursements.
NOTE: Currently, this report is emailed directly to your organization monthly and not yet available to pull manually on your Givelify Dashboard. You can always find your regular Disbursement report and other helpful reports on your Givelify Dashboard under the tab Data Exports and reference this article for help reconciling!