Givelify’s QuickBooks Online format enables you to easily import donations into QuickBooks Online. You’ll now save hours of time otherwise spent manually reconciling those reports. The QuickBooks Online files include two time-saving features:
Donations by Donor
This report format gives you individual transactions with the donor name in the description field along with the envelope name.
Donations by Envelope
This report format includes aggregated information for each Givelify envelope. The disbursement date, envelope name, and total amount are included so you can reconcile Givelify donations with your bank account deposits.
To generate a QuickBooks Online report follow these steps:
- Select Get report on the Donations by Envelope or Donations by Donor report
- Select your own start and end dates, or choose a predetermined date range from the drop-down list
- Select Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- Comma Separated Values (.csv) is used for importing data into another system, like a church management or accounting system
- Ensure that Exclude columns with empty envelopes box is checked
- Select Export Info
Import your report into QuickBooks Online:
Once your report is exported from Givelify, follow these steps to import the report into QuickBooks Online:
- From the left menu on QuickBooks Online, select Banking, and choose Banking.
- From the Update drop-down menu, select File Upload.
- If you’ve never connected an account, you can select Upload transactions manually.
- You can also begin your upload from the Import Data page (select the Gear icon, under Tools, select Import Data, and select Bank Data).
- Select Browse and choose the file you downloaded from Givelify.
- Select Next.
- From the QuickBooks Account drop-down list, select the appropriate bank or credit card account and select Next.
- Map the statement fields according to your CSV file format and select Next. For the Amount field, select either the Donation amount or the Net amount depending on what you need in QBO
- Select the checkboxes of the transactions to import and select Next.
- When prompted whether you want to import now, select Yes.
- Select Let’s go when the Import Completed notification appears
- You can enter any additional information, such as the category and payee, for a transaction after the import on the For Review tab of the Banking page.
- QuickBooks Online will enter information automatically if you have set up any import rules, or if QuickBooks Online recognizes the descriptions of your transactions.
Once the import is finished, you are directed to the Downloaded Transactions window where your imported transactions are displayed on the For Review tab for you to review, add, or match.