You can import your donations from Givelify into QuickBooks Online using the following steps.
Generate a Report
The first step is to generate a report in Givelify Analytics Studio. Follow these steps to generate a report:
- Visit analytics.givelify.com and sign in to your organization's account.
- Select Reports > Get Report for the report you want to run (Donations by Envelope or Donations by donor).
- Select the Date Range drop-down and choose the timeframe for the information you want to collect (This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month, This Year, Last Year, Lifetime, or Custom dates.
If you choose Custom dates, select the calendar icon and specify the Start and End dates.
- Select the File format for the report (Comma-Separated Values or Excel) and then select Generate Report.
While the report is being generated, a message bar is displayed in the upper portion of the Generate reports page. Once the report has been generated, the message indicates the report has been successfully exported.
- Select the View Report History link in the message banner on the Donations Report page or select the Report History in the navigation menu to download the report.
- Find the report in the list (most recent at top) and select the file name to download it to your computer.
Import Report to QuickBooks Online
Once you have generated and downloaded the report from the Analytics Studio, you are now ready to import it into QuickBooks Online using the following steps:
- Sign in to QuickBooks online and select Banking.
- From the Link File drop-down menu, choose Upload from File.
- On the Import Bank Transactions screen, upload the file that you downloaded from Givelify. You can drag and drop the file, or select the file.
- Select Continue.
- Choose the QuickBooks Account from the drop-down menu and then select Continue.
- On the Import bank transactions screen, specify the format of your data and map the fields that correspond to your columns in the .cvs file.
- Click Continue.
- Check the check boxes next to the transactions you want to import and select Continue. Alternatively, you can check the check box at the top of the column to select all check boxes.
- On the confirmation message dialog, select Yes to import the transactions.
- On the Imported Completed screen, select Done. The imported transactions are displayed on the Banking screen. You must now select the transactions and accept them.
- Check the check boxes for the transactions you want to accept and select Add to complete your import.
Alternatively, check the check box at the top of the column to select all transactions and then select Accept to complete your import.
Feel free to contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.