The person who signed up your organization and created the account is automatically assigned as the account owner. If you are the current account owner on your Givelify account, you can transfer the ownership to another user in your organization. The new account owner must have already activated their account and have an email associated with it.
- Visit analytics.givelify.com and sign in to your organization’s account.
- Select Settings > Users and find the user who you want to make the new account owner.
- Select the Actions (...) menu and choose Make Account Owner.
- Review the information on the Transfer account ownership confirmation dialog, and select Transfer to change the current account ownership to the new account owner.
The Account Owner label will be displayed next to the new account owner's name and their permission will be Admin (the new account owner automatically gets Admin permissions).
When a new account owner is designated, all admins will receive a notification via email about this change.
Current Account Owner Unavailable
If the current account owner can no longer be reached to make the change, follow these steps to request a change in account owner:
- Draft a letter on your organization's letterhead and include the following information:
- Your name and email address.
- The current account owner's name and email address that they used to log in to the Givelify account.
- The new account owner's name, title, phone number, and email address.
- Date and signature of senior member of your organization.
- Save the letter as a PDF or image file.
- Send the PDF or image file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the senior member of your organization who signed the letter.