Givelify has a report format created specifically to integrate with your Church Community Builder (CCB) management system via an API. Follow these steps to create an API user on CCB and then enable Givelify integration.
Create New API User on CCB
You must first create a new API user on CCB to use for integration with Givelify.
- Log in to your CCB account.
- In the upper portion of the screen, select the Settings button (gear icon) and choose API from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add a new API user from the following screen.
- Complete the information for the new API user and then select the Services tab.
- Check the Select All check box.
- Save the new API user.
- Select the Summary screen in the API section to find and copy the CCB API URL.
Enable Integration on Givelify
You can now enable integration with Givelify using the API user information added to and copied from CCB. Follow these steps to enable the integration environment for CCB in the Givelify Analytics Studio:
- Visit analytics.givelify.com and sign in to your organization's account.
- Select Integrations from the left navigation menu, navigate to the Church Community Builder tile and select Enable.
- Review the information that describes the integration process and then select Ok, I understand.
- Complete the following fields with the information you obtained when creating a new API user in CCB:
- URL - Paste the copied CCB API URL that was displayed on the Summary screen in CCB.
- Username - Enter the username for the new API user account in CCB.
- Password - Enter the password for the new API user account in CCB.
- Select Submit to continue.
Givelify connects our data with CCB data for our algorithm to make as many successful donor matches as possible based on Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, and Email Addresses. Any remaining unmatched donors will need to be matched before any of their donations can be imported.
CCB provides an automatically assigned number specific to each member used to identify donors in the CCB system. This number can be found in the URL on each member's profile in CCB.
To match donors to Member IDs, follow these steps:
- On the Church Community Builder Integration page, select the Donors tab.
- In the filter drop-down, choose Unmatched to display a list of donors that were unable to be matched to assigned CCB IDs.
- Select Match for each Donor Name and then use one of the following options to match the donor to the CCB ID:
- On the Potential Matches page, select Confirm next to the CCB profile you want to match.
- Select Enter CCB ID tab, manually enter the CCB ID collected from the member profile URL, and then select Match.
Edit Donor Match
To edit a donor match to a member ID or envelope number, follow these steps:
- On the Donors page, select the filter drop-down and choose Matched to display a list of donors that have already been assigned an envelope number or member ID.
- Find the donor in the list and select Unmatch.
- On the Confirm Unmatch dialog, select Confirm.
- If you want to match it to another CCB ID, select the Unmatched filter and repeat the matching procedure above.
Match Envelopes to Fund Categories
A Fund Category is any automatically or manually assigned CCB number that can be found on your existing contribution funds. To match envelopes to your CCB Fund Category, follow these steps:
- On the Church Community Builder Integration page, select the Envelopes tab.
- In the filter drop-down, choose Unmatched to display a list of envelopes that do not have an assigned fund category.
- Select the drop-down menu in the CCB COA Category column and choose the category to match to the Givelify envelope.
- Select Match. (This must be done for each individual envelope before using the drop-down for the next.)
- Repeat the process for each envelope.
Note: If there is a Givelify envelope that does not match a Category existing in CCB, first create the Category in CCB, and then return to Givelify to refresh the page to complete the matching of the envelopes. Donations to an unmatched envelope are not exported until they have a match.
To edit an envelope that already has a CCB COA Category assigned, follow these steps:
- Select the filter drop-down and choose Matched to display a list of envelopes that have already been assigned a fund category.
- Select Unmatch.
- On the Confirm Unmatch dialog, select Confirm.
- If you want to match it to another category, select the Unmatched filter and repeat the matching procedure above.
Settings for Export
When enabled, donations from that point on are then automatically exported to CCB in real-time. We do not back-date previous donations to avoid duplications. While configuring your integration for the first time, this functionality is disabled. You must enable it for automatic syncing between Givelify and CCB.
Follow these steps to enable the automatic export of donations:
- On the Church Community Builder Integration page, select the Integration Settings tab.
- Select the Export Donations Automatically switch to toggle it On.
Once the switch is turned On, donations made after that point will start exporting automatically. You can view these donations on the Exported Donations tab.
If the switch is toggled Off at any time, your donations will stop exporting until the switch is toggled On again.
Any donations made through Givelify between the time the export was turned off and back on must be manually entered into your CCB system to be up to date.
View Exported Donations
All donations made after switching on your export are automatically exported to CCB. Select the Exported Donations tab and view donations to confirm that your integration has been successfully configured.
Generate Reports of Exported Donations
If you want to generate a report of the exported donations, follow these steps:
- Select the Exported Donations tab and then select Export.
- On the Exported donations dialog, select the date range (Start Date and End Date) of the exported donations and then select Export.
Note: Whenever an Envelope is added or modified in the Givelify Analytics Studio, it will need to be matched to the correct CCB COA Category on the CCB Integration tab to ensure automatic exports are allocated properly.